21 things in 8 crazy weeks of summer!

In addition to running my branch’s busy Make a Splash @ your library summer reading program and blogging at my usual site, Shelf-employed, I’m participating in ALSC’s 21 Things for 21st Century KidLibs. Oh, and I also signed up for the ALSC online course, "Out of this World Youth Programming.” (I must have been out of my mind!) This blog will be a chronicle of a public librarian’s "21 things" in 8 crazy weeks of summer. Here we go...



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things 18 and 19

I’ll tie “thing 18, ” You Tube, and “thing 19,” book trailers, together.

First, here’s a laugh for the day - the YouTube trailer for Jon Scieszka’s upcoming collection of short stories, Guys Read: Funny Business.



Here’s a great use of YouTube and sharing. Ever forget the hand motions to a favorite song or fingerplay?  Hennepin County Library can help you out! 

And finally, here are two book trailers that I created for last year’s Newbery winner, When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. It was such a great book, but so difficult to booktalk without giving too much away - so I created two book trailers for it. (I couldn’t decide which I liked better)

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.



Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your book trailers (as well as the other two you included - which I've favorited!) I am eager to create one myself - thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete